Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 130 (Wednesday) - 2 Chronicles 20:14-24:14


Jehoiada was a strong leader as priest. Never before had a priest been in a position of such power and authority. As the one guiding bthe 7 year old king, he had great influence. The people loved him and he did a lot of good for Judah. It seems that he did not do quite as good of a job of raising the king to continue on in his ways as you will see in the reading tomorrow for as soon as Jehoiada dies, king Joash departs from God and the Temple worship. Mentors are important but we need to remember that a mentor is not supposed to make decisions for you but help you make your own correct decisions. What kind of mentor are you or how much do you lean on those that mentor you?

1 comment:

  1. It is important to have mentors in your life and I love those who mentor me. Being a mentor is humbling - when the person I am mentoring says "I took your advice and..." I cringe because I wonder if I gave them my own wisdom or God's and are they looking to God for answers, or their mentor. Fine balance sometimes.

    ReplyDelete