Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 270 (Wednesday) - Hosea 4-9

God has many charges against Israel.

1. Lack of knowledge about God
2. Breaking Vows
3. Murder
4. Theft
5. Adultery
6. False Worship
7. Idol Worship

These charges have real consequences.

1. Land Mourns
2. People waste away
3. Animals, birds and fish disappear
4. Sin increases
5. Drought and Famine

When I look at the two lists, I see many similarities in our world today. Our culture lives as if there is no God and no consequences for our actions. If I’m honest, I do as well. When I read through the Old Testament, I get so frustrated with the stupidity of the people, always turning from God. It’s very easy to point to the issues of others. When I take inventory of my life, I find that my pattern looks very much the same as Israel’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment