Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 281 (Sunday) - Matthew 1-4

Well, you did it, you read the entire Old Testament! This is no small feat. Only a small percentage of Christians have done what you just did. In fact, here’s a post from an theist blog:

What percent of "Christians" do you think have read the entire Bible?

I will remember at the first meeting of a atheists & agnostics club at the university I went to, we were introducing ourselves and we were supposed to tell the story of becoming skeptics and this one guy said. "I was a good Christian until I finally got around to reading the Bible." Everyone laughed because we knew how true that was. I have read the Bible cover to cover five times and bits and pieces of it constantly. I love being able to quote more scripture than the fundies.

I seriously think that if every "Christian" had to read the entire Bible for themselves, about half of them would lose their faith.

This is NOT a Christian bashing thread. There are many, many Christians who I respect and have a deep, philosophical understanding of the ancient scrolls. My real beef is with the Sunday School Christians and the Pick & Choose scriptures of the Fundies.

Well Bible reader...what do you have to say? Is your faith intact?

No comments:

Post a Comment