Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 313 (Thursday) - John 4:39-6:51

I’d like to offer a thought on 4:43-44. I was told early in my ministry that my most difficult ministry would be to those that knew me before I became a Christian or a Pastor. Because I was told this I believed it and because I believed it, I saw it. Any time I met resistance, I remembered that I will not be fruitful in my homeland and that I’d be better off somewhere else. I guess it’s true, but im not exactly sure that’s what Jesus wanted us to get from this. I still worked with a family member that was far from God and is now close. I still took the role as Lead Pastor when I was told the congregation would never accept me because I was just a lowly youth pastor…umm. Being a prophet at home might be difficult but the difficulty does not exempt you from it. I argue that some of the most rewarding fruit comes from your work at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment