Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 17 (Tuesday) - Genesis 48:8-50:26; Exodus 1

It really is amazing how time flies when you’re in slavery…NOT! The close of Genesis has references to knowing that they are to return to the Promised Land, but no one makes the move. Egypt is so good, maybe better than home! The details that take place between Genesis and Exodus are for the most part guess work, but we do learn that the new Egypt didn’t know about Joseph or what he did for Egypt. As a result, the people became slaves. It is true that the people were in Egypt for 400 years, but not all of that time was deep slavery…how much we may never know, but it was probably over 200 years.

I am often tempted to choose the easy road, especially if it seems to achieve my perception of the main goal anyway. I like Egypt; it’s easy and has all I need. I know the Promised Land is out there, but it’s hard to get there and it might not have everything I need and may not be as comfortable. Land is land, so I chose Egypt. What a fool I am! I just find myself in slavery and the work to get out and find my way to the Promised Land is harder than ever. How about you? Are there any places in your life where you’re sticking around Egypt? Careful, you just might find more than you bargained for!

No comments:

Post a Comment