Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 15 (Sunday) - Genesis 42:29-45:15

Family reunions that happen after a long time of not being together are the best. To see loved ones that you’ve lost touch with and to see new additions to the family through marriages and births, reunions are great. My family does an annual reunion and though it’s just my sister and I, I don’t get to see her any other time in the year. I love it, we laugh and talk about the deeper issues of life and faith. I cherish those times.

The reunion of the sons of Israel was a great event. Joseph could have turned them all away but he stuck in there and taught them a lesson when it comes to family and forgave them for their foolishness, jealousy and evil acts against him. We all need to be a bit more like Joseph. Some families or family members can’t come to a reunion because of the grudges they hold against other family members. Unless your situation is worse than plotting to kill you, tossing you in a pit and selling you into slavery and going home to tell your family you had been eaten by dogs…maybe you could forgive like Joseph did.

No comments:

Post a Comment