Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 89 (Thursday) 1 Samuel 23:1-25:31


Another great felt board lesson. “Okay children, here is King Saul, using the facilities…” God has got to have a good sense of humor. Humor can’t be a human trait only…we are created in his image and I see a lot of humor in the Scriptures. Saul is relieving himself in the same cave that David is hiding in. Not only is this funny from Saul’s perspective, but think of the poor guys stuck in the back of the cave…very little air movement! Sorry for digressing today, but I couldn’t pass this one by!

2 comments:

  1. We recently discussed this at youth group - with a 'skit' of sorts. I often don't know if I should laugh or be horrified. Mostly I laugh and the kids love this type of junk - so glad God invented jokes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have such a graphic picture in my mind before -- thanks Pastor Doug...I had only thought of the vulnerability of his position. Now I have a different take on it -- lol. Humor is a great gift from God :)

    ReplyDelete