Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day 91 (Saturday) 1 Samuel 30:11-31:13; 2 Samuel 1-2


I am amazed at David’s loyalty to the anointed position of Saul. Saul was an evil man, but David understood that he was God’s anointed and David took that seriously. David never laid a hand on Saul and protected him from the other men who wanted to kill him. He even avenged Saul’s death by taking the life of the Amalekite who claimed to kill Saul at his request. David honored the position and I find that fascinating and impressive. I’m not sure I could await God’s judgment on the person but David did and he is a great example for all of us when it come to our spiritual leaders or leaders God has appointed.

1 comment:

  1. When I read this, I was reminded of a friend who had been very hurt by our pastor (at the time). When people wanted to defend her, she rebuked them! Over the years, I have watched her and have never heard a negative word about this pastor - who was very in the wrong. She quoted these passages. I wish I could say it was me...but I'm still learning.

    ReplyDelete