Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 92 (Sunday) 2 Samuel 3:1-6:11


Like it or not, I will be honest about what I understand and don’t understand about the Bible. Some people fear not having the answers. I used to be that way. I thought that any question about God and his actions had to be explainable and point to some wonderful truth about God that we all wanted to hear. I’m not that way anymore. I don’t understand God and his ways. Sure, sometimes I get what he is up to and it seems pretty clear what he is doing or teaching, but then there are times like chapter 6. The Ark was tipping and Uzzah steadied it. Good for Uzzah. He did the right thing, not letting it tip over or fall off the cart. God killed him for it. I have heard dozens of pastors explain it away, but the truth is this story is tough to swallow. God is God and his ways are not our ways. Advice, don’t touch the Ark!

No comments:

Post a Comment