Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 94 (Tuesday) 2 Samuel 11-13


I’ll let the story of Bathsheba and Nathan alone as you have heard enough sermons on those and instead, discuss the rape of Tamar. What a terrible story and what terrible sons David had. David used to be so strict about doing the right thing but here he seems detached from the events and not ruling or bringing justice. The lack of justice causes the situation to escalate and before you know it, brothers are killing brothers. I remember how my sister and I used to fight but it was nothing like this.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah what a few chapters. What was interesting to me is that that is the first section where David no longer inquires of the Lord as he has done in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As your sister...I must remind you of the "scissors" incident. I'm not sure why no one died that day. Let's give that one up to "your" angel. ahh, good times

    ReplyDelete