Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day 96 (Thursday) 2 Samuel 17-19


I guess you can’t blame David for wanting Absalom to be left alive and for grieving like he did when the battle was over, but Absalom was a bad man and threatened the kingdom with his actions. David is very unpredictable. At one point he shows great mercy but at other points he lashes out in anger and people die at his feet. I don’t think I would want to serve a king like David. Joab was gutsy in killing Absalom and I am shocked that David didn’t kill Joab…that would have been his MO. David has stopped calling on God and discussions of God’s will are not in the picture anymore. I guess we all can get like this if we take our eyes off God’s plan, will and character. It’s time for David to return to having the character that seeks God’s heart and not his own will.

No comments:

Post a Comment