Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 162 (Sunday) - Psalms 27:7-31:5


I have restrained myself quite a few times during our read through the bible but today I have to address something that is one of my favorite curiosities in the Old Testament. Did you know there were unicorns? Seriously, they are mentioned many times throughout the scriptures. Our modern translations have edited them out in favor of wild ox like in Psalm 29:6 but pull out your trusty KJV and you will see unicorn.
Numbers 23:22
he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn
Numbers 24:8
he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn
Job 39:9
Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee
Psalm 29:6
like a young unicorn
Psalm 92:10
But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn
Deut. 33:17
and his horns are like the horns of unicorns
Psalm 22:21
for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns
Isaiah 34:7
And the unicorns shall come down with them
This is a translation error that went so deep, artist of that day painted and drew them into their artwork because it was believed to be a Biblical truth. Dpo you see the unicorns in the loading of the ark picture above?

2 comments:

  1. I K-N-E-W they were real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: yes I see the unicorns... but what is the writing in the clouds? Looks like "nint", maybe mint... or most likely something Hebrewicish (spelling?!?)

    ReplyDelete