Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 178 (Tuesday) - Psalms 71:17-73:20


Psalm 73 is my favorite Psalm, for a few reasons. First off, it was the subject of my first message I ever preached. I was so nervous. I had been teaching youth for years and spoken at youth gatherings of over 500 students, but this was the first time I preached in “big church”. Secondly, my Grandmother who I loved dearly and was a big part of my faith journey flew from California to Sioux Falls just to hear it. It was the worst sermon ever! Last year on January, 8 2008, I preached it again. I felt I needed to reconnect with the beginning. Though my Grandmother has passed on, it felt good to know that she was there for my first message and would be proud of my growth over the years. I hope you enjoy Psalm 73 as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment