Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 60 (Wednesday) - Deuteronomy 16:9-19:21


Honestly I’m perplexed by the text relating to electing a king. God is clear that he is their God. Moses states that because they see that other nations have a king, they may want one to rule over them. The additions of kings will not be good for Israel and they will suffer as a result. They will replace God as king and elect a man. I feel Moses should have said no kings, but he opened the door for them. Do you think God wanted them to have a king?

2 comments:

  1. From what I got from the text the king was suppose to be much dfferent from other kings and he was to be a man chosen by God. Not sure if this is what they end up picking for a king, but I guess we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True...I don't think they listen all the time on this issue either :(

    ReplyDelete