Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 65 (Monday) - Deuteronomy 32:15-34:12; Joshua1:1-9


What a great worship song! Can you imagine us singing songs like that? In the modern worship wars, I hear people say that the new songs just repeat the same thing over and over like a broken record and that the songs never sing about the blood. For those that only like the new songs, they say that the hymns are boring and most people don’t even understand the words anymore. Some churches do a blend and tick everyone off and others do different services (traditional early and contemporary late) and they end up with two separate churches inside one building and the two will never meet! Well if we want to be pure, we need to put some of these Old Testament songs to some music. Original church hymns were sobering songs. “la la la la….I will heap disasters upon them and shoot them down with my arrows. I will weaken them with famine, burning fever, and deadly disease. I will send the fangs of wild beasts and poisonous snakes that glide in the dust. Outside, the sword will bring death, and inside, terror will strike both young men and young women, both infants and the aged. la la la la”

1 comment:

  1. After taht our hymns seem pretty benign -- maybe like our faith sometimes. (Speaking only for myself of course). I do not act like a mighty warriors in battle.

    ReplyDelete