Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day 64 (Sunday) - Deuteronomy 29:1-32:14


I really like Moses. He really does lead the people well. He is communicating clearly and making sure the people know what is expected of them. He tells them the truth and isn’t afraid of upsetting them. Even when he tells what will happen when the do disobey (prediction) he does it with strength and authority. Joshua has some big sandals to fill. Even in the appointment of Joshua, Moses is a class act. I continue to try to lead like Moses, but it’s no easy task. Thank you God for giving us Moses…we needed him!

2 comments:

  1. I was struck by how much God wanted them to obey so He can bless them. He even said it wasn't hard and had Moses write it down so they'd have it to remember how. He practically begs them to obey Him - drawing them, enticing them to follow Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug, I love the cartoon that you used for this reading.... I will be smiling about it all day because you know me and fishing :-)

    ReplyDelete