Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 73 (Tuesday) - Joshua 24; Judges 1-2


Leadership is very important. Did you notice that after Joshua dies, there was no leader after him? The people floundered and were not united. One tribe let a small people group survive, then another and another, until it was the norm. As God sent Judges, things would get better, but after the death of each judge, the people would do evil in the sight of the Lord. There seems to be a need for leadership among God’s people, someone to help them stay on track to correct, rebuke and encourage the people. When good leaders are in place, the people walk close with God. When a leader is selfish, the people drift away from the truths they know. It can happen so quickly. I need to submit to the spiritual leaders in my life. I need their guidance and I need to listen to them so I stay on the path that leads to blessing. I need to allow myself to be corrected so I don’t drift off into doing “evil in the sight of the Lord”.

2 comments:

  1. Doug,
    Thanks for being that "someone to help them stay on track to correct, rebuke and encourage the people". You are helping all of us stay on track and we appreciate it.
    Andy

    ReplyDelete