Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 32 (Wednesday) - Leviticus 5-7


I tell you what, after reading these chapters, I’m hungry for some BBQ! As the High Priest of Hillcrest I’m looking forward to all of you bringing your offerings because I’d like to have a little breast and right thigh for supper. I especially like the peace offering; because I get actual loaves of bread made with actual yeast…yumm, yeast! Seriously, have you been wondering what the point is for all the regulations and detailed instructions for these sacrifices? Don’t eat fat, half the grain in the AM and half in the PM, this animal for this and that animal for that, it all seems so strange.

Tell me what you think, but I suspect that the regulations have more to do with us than God. I think God might want his people to have to pay attention to these offerings and for them to dictate the way people do life. I don’t think that was supposed to change after Christ’s death (the final sacrifice). I think following Christ should be just as all encompassing. It should dictate the way we do life and the way we spend our time. It’s just my thought, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment