Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 33 (Thursday) - Leviticus 8:1-11:8


OK, I never remember reading Lev 8:23-24. I’m glad this didn’t happen to me at my ordination! I have some questions that maybe some of you can answer. Why put the blood on the ear, thumb and big toe? I’ll do some research as well. I also have a practical question. This may seem silly, but I can’t help actually thinking of these types of questions. Here it goes, the Tabernacle is a holy spot; we have now heard every detail of its construction and furniture. Honestly, when God told Aaron and his sons to stay at the entrance of the Tabernacle for seven days and seven nights or else they would die, what did they do about a restroom? I’m serious! Chapter 10 makes it clear, with Nadab and Abihu, that when God said he wanted something done this way or that way, he meant it. It may seem like a silly question, but I would have been raising my bloody thumb to ask the question!

No comments:

Post a Comment