Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 54 (Thursday) - Numbers 34-36; Deuteronomy 1:15


When I was in Israel last January of 2008, I was struck by the fighting over land in the region. On the news you hear about it, but until you see it, it’s hard to make heads or tails of it. There are large portions of land that are disputed and no one claims occupation of. When I read the Old Testament, I can’t help but realize that this land does belong to the Jewish people. Not because the Israelis are better of more powerful than the Jordanians, but because God said it was their land. I would make a bad president because I would end up sighting the Bible when it came to foreign policy and I’m not sure I would get too far with the king of Jordan when I pointed to Numbers 34 during a summit meeting!

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to fathom why the land was so important - but you're right, it is theirs because God said so. So, you don't think the King of Jordan would appreciate your quoting Numbers 34? :)

    ReplyDelete