Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 50 (Sunday) - Numbers 24:1-26:34


Blessings and curses. Doesn’t it seem interesting that all the people have to do is follow God and get blessed but every time they disobey they get cursed? It makes you wonder about the I.Q. and brain power of these people. Did they have some medical condition that caused short term memory loss? If you’re like me, you’re probably shouting out to the text, “Stop it, this isn’t going to end well for you!”

I need more friends that will read my life and shout the same thing to me. When it comes to my walk with God, I think I’m a few fries short of a Happy Meal, if you know what I mean. I want to be more like Christ because the world is blessed when I do. God, please help me be more like you today!

1 comment:

  1. Be careful what you ask for :) We tend to want people around us who provide lots of affirmation to who we are. There's a saying: A friend loves you just the way you are; a mentor loves you too much to let you stay that way. We need to be willing to have the kind of relationships with people who "call us out" when we're a "few fries short of a Happy Meal."

    ReplyDelete