Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 55 (Friday) - Deuteronomy 1:16-3:29


Excuse me for getting personal in the entry today, but there are moments in reading these texts that the details jump off the page and become real life for me. When Jenny and I went to the Holy Land, we stood on the same mountain that Moses stood on when God showed him the land they were to posses. In the picture, I’m showing Jenny some of these very sites that are listed in this passage, the palaces where the fights took place and the land that was given to each tribe. It was very surreal to stand in the dirt Moses stood in and look over the land that is still theirs today.

2 comments:

  1. I had to be an incredable feeling to be standing right where Moses had been and be able to visualize everything that took place there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That had to be an amazing experience! I hope to go there one day. I'll just have to have you and Jenny over for dinner and ask you to bring your pictures in the meantime :)

    I did notice that in this passage it does say Moses did ask God if he could go into the promised land afterall (earlier it didn't look like he pled his own case). But, he did accept God's answer.

    ReplyDelete