Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 25 (Wednesday) - Exodus 25:10-27:21


What a seriously precise set of instructions! The Tabernacle was no willy-nilly construction project; I mean it was way more in depth than the Coleman Family tent we bought at a garage sale that I spent 3 hours trying to set up with no instructions until I discovered we were missing a key support pole! A new life rule for me is to never buy a tent from a private party that I have not seen set up. Sorry, I got off track there. The thing is, if I felt that way about a small tent, how would Moses feel about a tent that was 150’ long and built as a house for God? The price tag would have been in the $10,000,000 range!

The cool thing about the Tabernacle is that is is a copy of something more substantial. The tabernacle is a model of heaven…it’s heaven on earth. It’s also a visual symbol of the life of faith. It shows us how to be righteous before God. Lastly, the image of Jesus is throughout the Tabernacle. When you study the Tabernacle, a whole new world opens up in the way you see God and our lives in relation to him. If you would like more on the Tabernacle, check out the teaching series we did on Exodus at the end of 2008, especially the message on 11/2/08 titled “Blueprints for God’s House”.

No comments:

Post a Comment