Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 28 (Saturday) - Exodus 33:1-35:29


God didn’t want to “go” with the people because they were living in a way that didn’t acknowledge him as their God. He did not like their attitude towards him and as a result he did not want to go with them. Moses is an interesting character. He doesn’t always come across as honorable to me. It’s not in the text (unless you read into it) but Moses seems to whine and snivel. “Go with us” or “Let me see you”. God tolerates this guy and I’m not sure why. God even says that he looks favorably on him and knows him by name.

I’m a bit of a whiner myself. I’m not sure if God looks favorably on it, but I do want God’s blessing to be on his people. I want God to go with us and for people to see God’s power lived out through us. Don’t you want this in your life? Don’t you want God to work powerfully through you and in your family, so God gets the glory?

There seems to be a fine line between acting like Moses and acting like the people in this story. God looks favorably on one and wants to abandon the other. I guess I better keep my attitude and motives in check!

No comments:

Post a Comment