Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 27 (Friday) - Exodus 30-32


When God is taking longer than you expected or longer than you want, to bring healing or redemption to a situation you care about, do you make a golden calf? I do. I have been known to force an issue or hurry something along because God seemed to be taking too long. Over the years I've learned to see it and address the issue. It’s a way of trusting in my own type of god, rater than the real God. Some of us don’t give because we worship the god of economic fear or material pleasure.

You can look at this golden calf many different ways, but the truth is that we all have a golden calf now and then. We make lies and justify its existence (it just popped out of the fire!). God wants us to trust and obey in his timing and his plan. It reminds me of the old hymn my grandfather used to sing to me. “Trust and obey for there’s no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey”…sing it Lonnie!

To hear the old time hymn, click below
Trust and Obey

No comments:

Post a Comment