Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 80 (Tuesday) - Judges 20:12-21:25; Ruth 1:1-2:13


You have no idea how happy I am to be done with judges. The final story of civil war makes my stomach turn. What a stupid people. They make rash vows and box themselves unnecessarily into a corner that causes more pain and difficulty for the people. Killing is a way of life for these people and they are just as willing to kill their brothers and sisters as they are the inhabitants of the land. To then feel sorry for them seems to be ridiculous. The close of the book has Israel telling the remaining of Benjamin to steal their women for wives so they could keep their oath.

I don’t know why God puts up with us. I’m detached from these people and I’m irritated with them. God’s patience is tremendous! I am so thankful for his patience with me. I don’t deserve it, but I need it daily.

1 comment:

  1. Amen and I'm glad to be done with it too. I kept thinking - what are they doing with all the bodies? (yuck!) Does no one have compassion? Are they heartless? Ruth is refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete