Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 84 (Saturday) - 1 Samuel 9:11-12:18


Why would God give Israel a king? If God was to be their king, why would he give them the desires of their hearts for a human king? I believe it is another example of allowing the people to choose who they will serve. God has always been the kind of God that allows his people to choose. He doesn’t force us to choose him, he allows us to choose. Saul is not God’s choice, but the people’s choice and it’s going to get pretty rough on them in the near future. Mel Brooks said “It’s good to be the king”, but I’m not so sure!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I wish God didn't give me the desires of my heart -- and I need to be more thankful for the times He doesn't! I have learned to stop asking so much and to ask Him what He wants me to have or do...but I have a long ways to go. Is all of this partly about being involved in who our leaders are and praying for them or even being more aware and involved (i.e. humbling ourselves and praying; speaking up) because of the impact leaders have on our nation as a whole?

    ReplyDelete