Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 1 (Sunday) - Genesis 1-3

Day one actually started yesterday as it was the first day of the challenge to read through the Bible in a year. I love Genesis 1-3 as it lays out the creation story and the fall of man. This is a huge part of the scriptures that will springboard the beginning of God's redemptive plan. A lot can happen in three chapters.

I like the 6 days of creation and the discussion of them being 24 hour days or millennia

I like the crazy order of stuff like day coming before sun (how is that possible) or plants before sun. It's all so cool.

What did you like or what did it make you think of?

5 comments:

  1. Taking the challange and reading with my 11 year old daughter. Using her children's Bible to be an easier read for her and me. 1st question that she had was "did the dinosaurs come before this?" That is a question that I have thought briefly about but not in detail. I told her I wasn't sure but would ask about it. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I understand it, dinosaurs were defiantly part of the creation of animals. The text says that God made them after the fish and before mankind (Gen 1:20-26). It’s really kind of cool to think that there were these huge animals around during this time of creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Doug. Looed like you were having fun at the car show.

    ReplyDelete