Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 6 (Friday) - Genesis 18:9-21:21


What an amazing set of verses. Three strange visitors, one is called the Lord, and some see Jesus in that third person. Prophecy is given and an old woman becomes pregnant. Abraham wants to save Sodom, but its sins are too great. Abraham continues to seek mans ways of having a child and makes a mess with Hagar and the illegitimate son Ishmael. Abraham lies to protect his interests by deceiving Abimelech.

I have been on Abraham’s path way too many times. I try to work out God’s plan my way, especially when God’s way requires a miracle or huge step of faith. I like to see the path, know the destination and be prepared for the obstacles along the way. In God’s plan it rarely goes that way. The good news it that even though I miss out on the blessings God has for me, his plan is never derailed by my lethargy to his calling. Maybe I can learn from Abraham and have the faith God needs me to have.

1 comment:

  1. doug thanks for sharing your insights on each day's readings, I always look forward to what you have to say about it and logging on to the site helps hold us accountable to getting our reading done. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete