Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 2 (Monday) - Genesis 4-7

Cain and Abel don't get along and it gives me hope when it comes to my kids. In the book of genesis, east refers to a direction away from God and his protection and care. So it's no wonder God sent Cain east. Have you ever wondered about this town Cain went to? Was it already there or did he build it? Genesis has a lot of tough questions, but one thing is for sure...when I disobey God I always find myself east of him. How about you?

Now comes the flood. Step one in the redemptive work, It's amazing how bad off humanity can get in just 7 short chapters.

Did you make it through all the names in chapter 5! Did you notice in verse 24 that Enoch disappeared? You never know what cool stuff will pop up in the genealogies.

4 comments:

  1. I find it interesting how rotten humanity got right off the bat. We hear the talk shows talk about how bad today's world is, and it may be, but the first few chapters of Genesis reveal most of this junk has been there from close to the beginning: pride, anger, murder, jealousy, lust, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this challenge & thank you for creating this website to help keep me (& everyone else) accountable. I am SO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pastor Doug ~ I'm taking the challenge and very excited about it and scared at the same time because I don't want to screw up and fall behind. Like I said at church, this is just what our family needs to help us read the bible from front to cover. And this blog will certainly help keep me on track. Thanks for setting this up and for all you're doing to change lives!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found it interesting how science has "discovered" that our bodies are designed to live to 120 years old. Hmmm.... maybe they should have read the bible. It would have given them a quicker answer

    ReplyDelete