Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 7 (Saturday) - Genesis 21:22-24:27

“God tested Abraham’s faith” Much like Abraham, when God calls me I say, Yes Lord, here I am.” But the next thing is the determinant as to whether or not I pass the test. I’m not always prepared for a test and the request seems too difficult. Can you imagine God asking Abraham to take his son, his only son and sacrifice him? The request has a lot of imagery to the redemptive work God did for us through Christ. I guess God never asks us to go places he has never been or is unwilling to go himself.

Just last night, Jenny and I were sitting out on the back porch, looking at the sky trun from blue to night. We talked about our dreams and hope for life and the future. We are so blessed. We talked about sacrifices we could make and some of them seemed really tough…like cutting out TV for the next 8 weeks! But something happens in sacrifice, something mysterious.

Yes Lord, I am here!

No comments:

Post a Comment