Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 5 (Thursday) - Genesis 14:14-18:8

Sorry, it looks like I read too far yesterday and bloged about a section of verses we didn’t even read! Yesterdays post should have been for today…oops.

Anyway, I know we are reading chapter 15 today and I love this story. During my education days, I wrote a couple of papers on it and I’ve taught on it twice in the past 6 years. I love the covenant story of passing through the disemboweled animal carcass and the significance of what God is saying by it. When ever two people made a covenant like this (this was not strictly a God thing) you were stating that you agreed to have done to you what was done to these animals if you broke the covenant. Walking through those “parts” must have been very sobering. God will never break his covenant with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment