Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 44 (Monday) - Numbers 7:60-10:10


It’s a bit shocking to realize the amount of work that went into setting up and tearing down camp and that the Israelite people did this when ever God moved in the fire/cloud. As they set up camp they didn’t know if it was going to be for overnight or a year! Could you do this mentally? I couldn’t do this at Newton Hills, let alone a desert with a tent the size of half a football field! Not to mention the thousands of personal residence tents that had to be set up and torn down. The cooking facilities and the managing of the thousands of livestock! God has always wanted his people ready and willing to go when he says go. I wonder how many things in my life keep me from going or doing the things God wants me to do because I’m unwilling to do the work to respond or because I value my comfort too much?

4 comments:

  1. Ouch! Too true in this camp... Lord, help me to be willing to do what it takes; to hear your voice; and not be lazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thought...it would be nice to be led around by a cloud that showed me when to move, where to move and when to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might be just as willing to disobey God with his “cloud” as I am today with the things I know he is asking me to do. As Bruce Almighty says, “Smite me oh mighty smiter!”

    ReplyDelete
  4. True - for all of us, I'm sure. :)

    (Hey, I think I figure out the Google thing!)

    ReplyDelete