Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 45 (Tuesday) - Numbers 10:11-13:16


Numbers 11 has always interested me. The people who are free from slavery start to think it was better back in bondage. I know I do this. I get freed from some thing I used to do and I think back to the days that I did it and wish I could do it again, just one more time. I think about women in abusive relationships and wonder why they go back. God is not pleased with the actions of his Israelite people; he promises them that they will eat quail until they gag. This reminds me of some wise advice my Grandmother told me when I said I wished I could eat a whole half gallon of ice-cream…”Be careful what you wish for”. She was right, I got very sick and I didn’t eat ice-cream for quite a while. What do you wish you could go back to?

3 comments:

  1. I was struck by the passage just before that where Moses feels like he has too much on his plate with being burdened with the responsibility for all of the people of Isreal. God put the same spirit on the 70 that he did on Moses. Our burdens are lighter when shared, yet how many times do we carry them alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn’t that true! Why is it that we keep the most difficult situations in our lives a secret from the very people that can help us, encourage us and pray for us. I’ve never fully understood it. We could all take a lesson from Numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fun - I wish more people were sharing their thoughts (no guilt though...honest!)

    ReplyDelete