Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 47 (Thursday) - Numbers 15:22-16:50


Are you shocked at the defiance and disobedience of these people in Numbers? I am! I have had many people tell me that it would be easier to live the Christian life if Jesus were still here in human form or if God showed up like he did in the burning bush or like he did at the entrance to the tabernacle, but I’m not sure it’s true. These people knew God that way yet rebelled violently. They watched as God destroyed the rebellion and woke up the next day with more rebellion in their hearts. If I were Moses, I’m not sure I would try to stand in the gap for these people. When God says to step out of the way so He can smite them, I just might get out of the way! May God continue to be merciful and gracious to us, His people. May his promises come tru even though we are sinful. May we all do a better job of obeying the God that loves us enough to keep us around and die in our place. How great is our God?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think we even begin to understand God's love for us. We deserve many times over what He did to the Isrealites because of their disobedience...me included, yet I have not had a plague put on me yet.

    ReplyDelete